Herpes Community

Spots on upper lip. Cold sore or something else?

For the past few years, I’ve been getting sores or little cuts on my upper lip. I thought they were cold sores, but they never seem to look like the pictures I seen online. They tend to be singular and not hurt or tingle. They usually heal in a day or two. This might not be the case, but it seems to be if I stay hydrated the spots do not appear.
these could be many things. have you ever had a type specific herpes igg blood test done?

best thing to do is next time they appear, be seen within 48 hours for a lesion culture and exam.  odds are these aren't herpes but following up on it all can help you figure out what is causing them.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.