Super Low HSV 2 IGG tests for 2 years. No outbreaks. HSV1+

Hey there --

Yeah, at this point, I know I need the Western Blot. My last test, in a April or something like that, was positive for HSV2. The IGG number was 1.45 this time. I have still had no symptoms. My last test was 7, according to an operator, but now that I'm back to numbers below 2, I'm wondering how true that was. Anyway.

After speaking to a doctor, he thinks that knee area outbreak was shingles. I found out form my mom that she got her shingles outbreak when she was 35.

So, anyway. My last boyfriend and I ended up breaking up before I told him my suspicions. I have yet to have the classic genital herpes breakout, and it's been years now that I've had really low positive tests. And yes, I know I have herpes 1. I had my first cold sore in 2000, and get a recurrence on my lip every three or four years.

**I also posted this on the forum by accident. I meant to post it to you. This site can get really confusing.*

So here's the thing. It's been two years of positive HSV2 results. I have yet to have an IGG positive result over 2. My last one was 1.45. I have yet to have an outbreak (that I notice, and believe me, I would notice. I'm one of those girls who has a vagina mirror for years and knows her lady bits very well).

A Western Blot is the key. But apparently you can't get them in NY anymore. The STD clinic in the Bronx, run by Jeffrey Gilbert, no longer does Western Blot because (according to someone at your office) New York State no longer does them because of weird legal hoops to jump thru.

The Jeffrey Gilbert place in the Bronx DOES do the biokit, tho. Is that as accurate as Western Blot? Like I said, it's been years. Let a gal know! I'm LOSING MY MIND. Okay, not really. But it would be cool to know for realsies.

So what do I do?
I would not recommend the Biokit as a confirmatory test myself.  

We have had good success ordering the western blot for people in New Jersey.  How close are you?  

I don't think that our office knows anything about what Jeff does (or they might and I don't know it).  Have you called Jeff's office directly?

Terri
I believe at this point, too, Jeffrey Gilbert has retired from his location in NY (based on his LinkedIn), and I was wondering if there were any specific specialists present in Hoboken or Jersey City that would be recommendations given the restriction in NYC. Thanks!
Wow, good to know and surprising to me.  
You can call our office to discuss obtaining a western blot in New Jersey.  We may be able to help you.  

Terri

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Forum

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.