Herpes Community

Test Results

I had my first ob witch was only one tiny little sore on my penis in January. I was just retested and got my results. HSV 2 IGG 53. Please explain why the #'s would be so high. I dont have a copy of the results because the dr just read them to me but I will get a copy tomorrow. Please advise. Thanks
Please get us the results so we can look at them and give you an idea.  Are you in the US?
yes i am in the US. The test was done at labcort. type spacific hsv 2 IGG. the indx number was 53. Any idea what that means. All i know is the dr told me i tested +. I also had a test back in January and I posted the results on the forum. That test was not type spacific and I waas told that it was useless. So here I am 6 months later with another test. I havent had any outbreaks since. tg and i hope it stays that way. Thanks again
has your partner been tested to know their status?

certainly make sure it was specifically a hsv2 igg and see if it was 53 or 5.3.

grace
Thanks forthe response. I do beleive it was a 53 not 5.3. If you look back at a post i did in january i posted the 1st test results that was non type spacific an it was 53 there too. Do you know what the 52 means? thanks
once you get the actual results to post I can much better comment.
athankss Grace I will have it tomorrow and will post results. Do you know if having HSV @ prolongs hiv seroconverting past the window period? Thanks
no it does not.
Grace here are my sad results. Please let me know what is your opinion. Thanks
hsv type 2 specific ab igg 5.8  high
index 0.00 - 0.90
negative    1.09
didn't think your hsv2 igg was 53!

Your hsv2 is +.  

keep asking questions :)
Thanks grace. is there a way to tell if it was a recent exposure from the tests or perhaps something I have harbored in me a long time and just got the first outbreak in December? I have a million questions running through my mind? What does the numbers mean? Did you see the full report that i reposted in another tread? some of the #'s were missing here. what does the 5.8 mean? neggative 1.09? ect. thanks alot
here is the full report Grace.
hsv type 2 specific ab igg  5.8  high
index 0.00 - 0.90
negative    1.09
equivical   .91 - 1.09
positive    >1.09
The values don't mean anything much honestly.  The fact is that there is no way to know if this is a recent infection or not based on lab work.  Once the antibody is present the test will be positive.  

The values that you posted under it we don't need as they are pretty much a standard for most of the tests out there.

Ask the questions you have so we can answer them.  Also look over the free herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com.  The book was written by Terri Warren who is a Nurse Practitioner and owns the clinic which deals with a lot of herpes stuff.  
if you were never tested for herpes before all of this, no way to know when you contracted hsv2. All you can do is inform present and future partners about your status and make sure they get tested too so that you can make educated decisions together as to what precautions to take in your relationship.
it has been 6 months since my first outbreak. How many outbreaks a year does the average persone get. I am not taking meds because i want to see how often i get outbreaks first. is it possable that i dont get any outbreaks for long time? thanks for all your answers.
www.westoverheights.com has the free herpes handbook. Give it a read :)
Thanks i have done that the other day and read it all already. I am prety devostated over this whole thing. Do you know if having hsv 2 delays seroconverion in hiv? Thanks
No it doesn't.
Grace would or should I think about getting another test to rule out a false possative or something. Or is this concluseive? Back in january I posted another test result that you sai was pretty much useless becaue it wasnt type spicific. So what say you? Back in Januay when i had a very small thing on my penis 3 doctors looked at it and 2 said wasnt herpes  and one said looked like maybe was. thats when I had the first test that was useless. Your comment will be appriciated. Thanks
You're test result of a 5.3 is most likely NOT a false positive...I know it sucks to hear and I am sorry.  For peace of mind you could do a WB or biokit test but the odds are any test over 3.5 is most likely not a false positive, though it could happen.  Just know there are people out there for you (like this forum!) who have the same problem you do.  It is a very common virus.
Thanks alot for your comments. It had been 6 months and so far i havent had any other outbreaaks. Is that normal? I have read that most people get 6 -8 outbreaks a year. I am not taking any medss cause i wanted to see if and how many or soon outbreaks would come. Yes it does suck. And the person I got it from sucks too.
the 4-6 ob's a year average is just that - an average. some people will get them more frequently and some less. I know you aren't complaining that you aren't getting them more often right?  ;)

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.