Herpes Community

Transmission Rates

So I found this article that quotes Terri Warren as to transmission rates for Herpes, but it doesn't state whether it's for 1, 2 or both. I would think the lower shedding rates for genital HSV 1 would mean lower transmission rates. Am I reading this incorrectly? Re-entering the dating pool and I want to make sure I have the appropriate information to pass along to any potential future partners.

http://www.dynamiclear.com/blog/herpes-transmission.htm
Yes these are a HSV2 transmission rates. I am not aware of studies into HSV1 transmission.

From the genital area, shedding for HSV1 is 6 times less than HSV2. Further, as so many people have oral HSV1, this significantly reduces transmission rates.
In your opinion do I disclose to future partners? I really think I need to, despite the very slim possibility they would become infected. I only had the initial OB and that was four months ago. Lots of triggers since then, but no outbreaks.
It is all up to you. Would you disclose an oral HSV1 infection or expect an oral HSV1 infection to be disclosed to you. The answer to this is as applicable to genital HSV1.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.