Herpes Community

Unsure if this is oral herpes or canker sore or other?

Approximately 18 days ago I gave oral sex to another man, he did not have any visible lesions etc. last night my throats felt bother and sore and I saw the area next to my tonsil was red and inflamed. This inflammation went down and I now have a red circle around a small white center. It is not painful and it does not hurt to swallow. What could this be an irritation from food herpes etc? I am unsure what to do and my bf who does not know about my massive mistake I made thinks I am being crazy but I truly love him and don't want to pass this to him if it is herpes. Please advise
Hi herpes would not have a white center and would more be on your lips not the throat.
Thanks for your answer . It has calmed me some. I have read some many conflicting things online and on here  and was unsure. I wasn't sure if herpes initial outbreak could just be one lesion in the back of the throat and how typical it is to get or potentially hsv2 orally
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hsv2 is rarely an oral infection. It simply doesn't like the oral cavity. I do not suspect hsv with your single sore in the back of your throat
Thanks for the information ! It seems like white center is shrinking as well as red area .. so I guess that is a good thing
COMMUNITY LEADER
It's a very good thing
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.