Herpes Community

Vaginal Discharge

I was just diagnosed with HSV-1 on my genitals and I am in the middle of my first outbreak. If I peek inside my vagina, like the hole, there's a bunch of brown and white little clumps that I can literally pull out. I wiped out what I could with a baby wipe but I can tell there's a lot more in there further back. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it online.
This won't directly be the herpes, but may herpes hasn't helped the presence of BV or yeast.

How were you diagnosed, did have a swab of lesions?
You think it's BV or yeast? I saw the gynecologist she popped one of my bumps and cultured it I guess. It came back HSV1 positive
The reason I saw the doctor was because I thought I had BV and was pretty shocked to hear her say herpes. I just figured all of the symptoms I'd been having were from herpes but maybe there's more
Yes definitely.

What was your sexual history in the week leading into these symptoms?
I was having unprotected sex with someone I was not exclusive with which is how I got the herpes
A genital HSV1 infection will come from someone you received oral sex from. About 4 days later you would have experienced some symptoms that potentially you put down to something else.
I never received oral sex from this person. Can genital hsv1 not be transmitted genital to genital?
The odds are too small per episode to transmit. For many males, using a condom means zero risk.So no, the odds rest with the 70% of men with oral HSV1 giving you oral sex!

I take it you have never had oral cold sores?
I never had oral cold sores. The guy I was with also has genital hsv1 and I gave him oral sex. I just assumed I got it from him genitally but now I have no idea. I'm having issues with my throat right now, there's white bumps in it and it looks like strep but that was negative, could I possibly have herpes in my throat? Thank you by the way
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.