What are the chances I got HSV 1 from my friend?

Hi, I'm a female in my late twenties. About sixteen days ago, I was hanging out with a friend who has oral HSV (I'm assuming HSV-1). During the course of the evening, I took one sip from his glass - against my better judgement, but he wasn't showing any symptoms, so I figured it must be ok. Later, he gave me a quick peck on the cheek as we were leaving.

I wasn't too worried about it at the time, but now I'm starting to feel a little unsure about it as
1) I came down with a cold four days ago (it was mild and not very flu-like so I'm pretty sure it was just a cold)  and
2) My boyfriend starting feeling sick yesterday and now has what seems like the flu - fever, aches, a soar throat and possibly some throat congestion.

Is this a situation where I/we should be tested? Are there any signs I should be looking for in myself or my boyfriend over the next few days? What is the likelihood that I could have contracted HSV from my friend then passed it on to my boyfriend without showing any obvious symptoms?

Thanks for your help!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I think the chances of you contracting HSV 1 in this situation is so close to zero, I can't even begin to say.  

Have you ever been tested to determine that you don't have HSV 1?

Terri