What are the white headed spots above my lips?

I am 15, and I've had these three strange spots just above my lip for over a year now. They will not seem to go and I have tried everything but see a doctor since I don't think it is that serious. They are only very small and are right at the edge of my upper-lip. Sometimes they can hurt, and from a far they are not that visible, though they do make me self conscious. Have they got anything to do with hormones? I am very confused to what they are, it would be nice for some answers:)
By the way this wasn't meant for herpes, I have never had any sexual relations in any kind
As you have posted in the herpes forum, this must be on your mind. However, I can assure you that what you describe is not herpes.

I suspect your issue is with sebaceous glands. These are at the base of hair follicles and get blocked causing acne and 'milk bottles'. In certain areas, these glands occur not associated with a hair follicle. These areas include genitals and the line between lip and skin! They appear to be little white balls just sitting within the layers of the skin.

They are perfectly natural although some do not like the cosmetic appearance.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.