Herpes Community

What is the risk of passing HSV2 through oral sex, no symptoms?

I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 5 years ago. The first few months I had several outbreaks but they are now every six months at most and 1 sore that seems to last only a few days. I've been lucky my symptoms and outbreaks are minimal. Last night I had oral sex with a guy and didn't tell him until after that I have HSV2.  I currently have no sore or symptoms and haven't had an outbreak in months. He is in panic mode convinced that he has it on his mouth and his life is over. What are the odds that he has contracted it?  
This would be of the order of 1 in 10,000. Negligible.
I have HSV 2 on my chin.
I doubt if he gets it
I was in the same situation as your male partner a few years ago. I performed oral sex on a woman who didn't tell me she had Herpes until afterward. I was also very concerned, convinced I contracted Herpes, and it ended our relationship. However, I have gotten tested repeatedly months and years later, and my IGG count was always less than 0.9.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.