Herpes Community

White tongue?

After being paranoid about having hsv2 after a stupid, unprotected one night stand with a man of an unknown status, I tested negative at 4 months and was treated with antibiotics for a bacterial infection.

A few weeks after being on the antibiotics, I got a really foul taste in my mouth and noticed my tongue is coated in white that won't scrape off, with red spots (not sores). There's no pain, just like a weird feeling on my tongue.

I have read this can be a side effect of the antibiotic, but when I googled the symptom of white coated tongue and bad breath, I saw all these hsv1 pages pop up, and of course, got paranoid once again, because I kissed someone a few days prior. I honestly feel like my body is just telling me I'm meant to be single forever because any time I do anything with anyone, I seem to get some type of symptom lol.

Does this sound like a primary hsv1 outbreak? I read that reoccurances on the tongue are rare, but primary infections can be this way.

No this sounds nothing like a herpes outbreak. A white tongue has many causes and is only one of the symptoms you may see if infected with HSV1.
Thank you Fleetwood20 for answering. Just one final question/clarification from your response if you don't mind. When a white coated tongue is a symptom is it usually accompanied by other symptoms (lip blisters, sore throat etc)?  Or is it common for that to be the only symptom? Thanks in advance.
A first infection with HSV1 is most likely to produce blisters, quite a few, very noticeable.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.