Wisdom teeth surgery and Valtrex?

I need to have my wisdom teeth removed and will be under deep anesthesia.  I have HSV and take valacyclovir daily but would prefer not to have that known by the surgeon for personal reasons.  I understand it is best to always tell them all medications, but is there any chance of an issue with the meds (or HSV) and surgery?  Other than maybe a flare up?  I'm mostly concerned about serious interactions/side effects.  I'd really rather not divulge that information unless it's absolutely necessary.
Do you have oral HSV1?

If the dentist asks you what medications you are taking then it would be best to reveal what you take. It will be of no relevance to them in terms of the procedure nor do you have to talk further about HSV, which type, location etc.
Thanks for your reply....I do not have oral HSV1, to my knowledge. I never have outbreaks there.  My issue is genital and so I didn't think it would relate at all to the surgery for their purposes.  I mostly am concerned about any drug interactions or things like that.
Genital herpes poses no issues to dental surgery. Neither does oral herpes for that matter. Dentists are well aware of the prevalence of HSV1 and practices are aligned to minimizing transmission to their hands.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.