Years ago

About 8 years ago I was with a partner who told me she had herpes.i had unprotected sex in the past with her and stupidly did on and off with her after she told me. I had never had any sort of signs Of anything. I understand that's there's a possibility I could of still had it though. Eight years later I have had several partners and have warn protection but have not had a conversation with them which I regret very much and I feel guilty i could have spread it maybe I do have something I'm going to get tested for sure however I did see a doctor and he examined me and saw no signs. I fell in love and have been with the same partner three years. I will marry her :). I have been up front with her about all of these issues. I've had unprotected sex with her and she shows no signs of anything.
Showing or not showing signs doesn't exactly prove anything. The only way to really know is to have a full STD screening done. Also make sure you are being tested for HIV and AIDS. Scary, I know, but better safe than sorry. If the results come back negative then you are in the clear.
Yes it is scary but I feel so guilty that i wasn't more open in the past.
Beating yourself up about it isn't going to do any good. At least you were safe with other partners and up front with your current one. That's a lot more than other people do. Anyways best of luck :)
Thanks. :)

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.