Herpes Community

bumps on pubic area? from shaving or is it more?

I am currently a little freaked out, I've always gotten razor bumps and rashes and what not from shaving down in my mons pubis area. I think I shave too much down there, but I have a new area of what appears to be sort of like a rash but a raised section is causing concern since I did engage in unprotected sex about a month ago and it was my first time going unprotected. I will say that I shaved over the bumps without even thinking and now they're still there so I feel it's probably a razor rash and I just made it worse. Again, the bumps aren't in my vagina or the lips or anus or any of that they are only the mons pubic region. What do you think?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sounds like you describe, razor bumps and not hsv. One month is far to long for a primary and doesn't sound like hsv lesions
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.