Herpes Community

burning lips at night....but no sores....very depressed...

This is my story....I was dating this lady for about three months....since the very beginning ive asked her if she took a herpes test and said yes ....right after her last long term relationship. and have not been with anyone else after that just me.....and takes all the tests  including a herpes test every 6 months....we had intercourse numerous times....every time protected....i never did oral on her until the end of our relationship...which i regret for the symptoms i felt and feeling till now....at first when i did it....i felt this burning sensation all over my lips so i stopped giving her oral ...something i never felt before giving oral to my past relationships....i told her about it there and then and she was like shocked...so i went to the bathroom to wash up my lips with water....ok...then like two days later i got this white blister under my tongue....on the bottom of that elastic part on one of the little gland type flesh...hurt a bit...but i do remember having that same thing one time with my past relationship which was years ago on the same spot after oral....so i thought i was a bacterial infection that i got from giving oral sex....it cleared in a day or so....sooo.....we didnt speak about a week...so after that 9 days later it was a hot day i was out....and started feeling this tingling burning on my lips..which was june 1st....now its june 21st....and still feel this but mostly at night...i have not have a sore or blister.....all this time ive been so worried ive gotten infected....because of this ive had nights with little sleep and feeling depressed, looking up information on this....been to the ER, they checked me out they said they dont see anything that would resemble it that it was anxiety related.......i went to another doctor to get a check up and took a few STDs test except HIV and herpes..they didn't have a herpes test there....i'm really hoping its something else....because im been really depressed about this.....now the tingling comes and it goes...in the morning im fine if i rested well....afternoon sometimes....but the burning starts at night around 10:pm. and last a while but doesnt look sore at all...i put a bit of promegranate lip balm eat a bit of yogurt kinda helps then it makes it go away and it stops... but sometimes crawling or tingling happens but minor and goes away....im not sure if it could be an infection of some kind lasting this long or what...please help im so worried what could it be,,,,,ive read other people with the same problem lasting this long these symptoms and no sores....not sure if there's ever stopped or what happened to them....but most were concluded with that they were very obsessive of thoughts this like i am.......sigh
your mouth symptom sounds more like a mucocele than herpes. they are fairly common and the irritation of performing oral can sometimes cause them to occur.  

just dry burning lips at night isn't a herpes symptom.  herpes would cause non-stop symptoms for a few days at a time and then go away. more likely this is chapped lips or even a mild fungal infection of the lips.  I'd go with just plain vaseline or even the unscented burts bees balm  on your lips at bedtime and see if that helps.

grace
Thank you Grace for your kind and prompt response....i forgot to mention, additionally during the day and night i do get annoying lip tingling or crawling sensations in certain spots of my lips and like above my lips more to the left everyday.....and has been going for over 20 days just about already... the same thing on the same spots sometimes they alternate and there are times im fine during the day but when i think about it the crawling starts again but mild sometimes then goes away...starting to think some of it is mental....but i get the burning around my lips during the day as well...but seems more worse at night but doesn't look sore.never did.............never an outbreak....never had one in my life either....i figured by now something would have shown....now to be exact... the day i gave her oral was on may 21st...... and on that day is when i felt the weird "major" tingling /crawling allover my lips... then the next day later is when i had that mucocele then it cleared ..then June 1st.... 9 days later from may 21 the first oral contact is when i started feeling these lip symptoms so its been about a month since i had this....i document everything on my calendar ever since i gave her oral.....i really get scared though whats going on with me i hope im not in some sort of prodome period....i will try the burts bees....right now as write i feel ok...no symptoms....but they do come through out the day...then the burning around the lips at night on time at times too....from 9-10pm....sometimes the symptoms surprise me though too...smh
no std causes burning right after you perform oral. this isn't likely to be std related at all.  

you wouldn't have prodromal symptoms of oral  herpes for this long either.
There's been a couple of occasions where i had some shooting pain on my lips on certain parts of it...more like it trying to poke out.but saw nothing  ....with the tingling in other parts but calmed it down with some herbs ....ive also been having swollen lymph node more on my right side since last sun for a few days off and on but been taken some lymphotonic to clean them does help...ive been taken some super strong oreganol and applying in the areas that have been bothering me...and do make a difference and makes the pain and tingling go away....im also taking some monolaurin for the past few days to boost my immune system....and this has helped me allot the discomfort on the lips don't show up as as they use to like almost all day.with out it.....but im preparing for the worst.......but now today....i just noticed a pimple like in my inner thigh on the back like near my testicle but closer to the bottom buttox...very hard to reach and look there....i touch it but doesnt hurt....but do have some pain or discomfort somewhere near there but closer to the front of the part of the leg. but has gone away....now im worried is herpes related....i should mention i was getting some burning sensations a couple of weeks ago around the anus and up my penis shaft but only lasted maybe 10 mins and would go away. a few times...i was hoping it was a rash but had nothing there so didnt think much of it....im still worried. though.....i took a HIV test this Thursday just to rule that out came out neg...thank God....because i had a docs appointment...with the dermatologist for a cyst on my back and Shamberg spots i had for long time on my bottom legs and i mentioned the tingling and burning on the lips he said he didnt think it was herpes either for this long..but...im still worried cant sleep or concentrate...went to see some counselling  and referred me to see a therapist.....because he said i have some mild depression and anxiety sometimes feels more than that at times....not able to sleep very well, concentrate or enjoy certain things. at times all because of this....thinking about my future.....im thinking of taking a herpes test...on Tuesday....but am afraid too but anxious as well....
feeling my life is over...full of deep regret
i was looking at that small wart looking at the way bottom of my buttox again with a mirror and flashlight tried taking a pic of it not easy to do so...looks kinda oval long maybe half inch or so...with scales on it like it drying? but light pink as well....touched it again doesn't hurt....but washed my hands off course after wards...idk i do ride bike allot i hope its a rash bike related....and thats where the seat hits...because i have noseless seat...and the end parts hit there that same area....im praying thats what that is....
im hoping its a boil
you didn't show this to your dermatologist when you were there? if not, give them a call and ask to go back again to be seen to have it looked at.

why not seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test to know your status in general?  

be careful with what you are supplementing with. if symptoms get worse, stop using them. many folks have reactions to some of the essential oils and supplements.  

once again, none of this sounds like a herpes issue going on. test to know your own status for future partners.  it's being sexually responsible to get full std testing in between partners :)
I finally took the brave step to take the herp test yesterday...i had to to get this out of my head...... so im waiting for the results in a few days....the doc says she dont think i have it she told its very painful youll be screaming.... she inspected me down there and my mouth and inside...didnt see or think anything related to it... checked my lymps all fine at the moment of inspecting and i was calm..felt ok...so started to wonder if this is stress, anxienty, depression related... so i went home got good sleep for once ........now today it was very hot i was in the sun doing shopping....got home lips started tingling / burning that happened another day too when it was hot ....some light burning bottom lip and then later shooting pain in one part of the lip didnt last too long...  i try to massage to relieve it put honey on it and does help....so im waiting for the results.....right now i have some burning down but area and testicle and feet  one white pimple been there for days on butt-cheek but doesn't itch or hurt....now been having swollen lymph node on my right side of my neck for a few days for the past few days of and on but now it was gone today felt ok  with the occasional light tingling on lip on the left sometimes....i was suppose to get a tooth extraction....i put off till i get my results because i read dental surgery can cause a breakout if i am +....i truly hope praying im not positive.....but am expecting it somehow i am one and two because...i was just reading another poster with similar symptoms like mine with no sores ever... but hers seem worse and she turned out positive in the end.....i feel for her. ....oh God....how will cope with this for the rest of my life if i am so with such a stupid mistake i did for of one time.... is causing me all this greif, very little sleep,, moments couldnt eat much  lost a couple of pounds,..but been trying to gain it back some...though taking the test did give me better sleep...so much i tried to avoid oral sex with this lady i had confidence she was ok cause told me she took the test.... this will haunt me forever ruin my life......
.....i did not ask for any specific test because....i was so anxious to take the test and forgotten to ask that but was.. waiting  so long in ER....sigh....i will post back with results....one thing i notice the sun does make me tingle on my lips later on....but had moments when the sun didn't do it......strange.....and when i was in the dentist the hot lamp was hitting my lips i felt the heat more on my lips more....but went away.. like mentioned in my earlier posts..the first time i felt it was first contact....then a week later i was so stressed that whole week....and was outside in the sun that when it started continuously for all these weeks up til now....now lately i was having eye twitching because of poor sleep but has calmed down...
Well just to update my post, i did test for herpes 1 and 2....and test came back negative two days ago....it is a partial relief of mind....but what concerns me i still have the burning sensation like on top of my lip, tingling sometimes and slight inflammation in another part of my lip...more so at night not sure if its what i eat or sun exposure doing the day or stress, or not enough sleep that affects it more later or during the day...at times it not so severe and at times it feels it....i did wake up yesterday with a white pimple under my nose...had to shave my mustache a bit to see it..no groups of it others around it...but does feel sore in that area but doesnt look it...and there was a few very very light sore spot on the other side but went today and the pimple seems like its healing...looks like the same pimples i had last week down on the back o f my legs in the buttox.....i asked to be checked out down below near my inner buttocks twice...once in the ER...then the day to get my results with the few white pimples i saw on one side and the other both doctors indicated it wasnt herpes related just ingrown hairs or rash.....i still have little sleep at night waking in the middle of the night...but because of the oral symptoms i have....thinking i still may have it.....the symptoms come and go through out the day sometimes they do last a while....i was suggested it may be mental......but im still not convinced....i just wish this would go away....i may see a nuerologist or an internist specialist....idk....still depressed....thinking how my life will change....knowing one day it may happen i might get an outbreak or this will never go away.or never be able to kiss passionately again with fear of infecting someone...and i will never have my dreams happen just for one careless mistake i did upon impulse and pressure....i feel like my social life is over....i also need to get my tooth pulled and afraid to do so because of the risk of a possible break out due what i read that if they put my mouth to sleep it may cause that....feeling.i am cursed....gonna see in a few days a shrink cause its affecting me allot....there must be cure for this problem....the more i read online about this causes me more anxiety....theres gotta be a solution....
another concern is.....since i have these symptoms....could i be contagious? i live with my sick bedridden moms which i take care of....i wouldn't want her to suffer...she suffering enough....im reaping what i sowed....i shoulda stayed home that day. and broke the relatiionship sooner...all this ordeal and stress woulda of never happened....
talking to a professional for your anxiety is usually a good idea :)  did you make that appointment yet?

so many things can cause these issues. dry, chapped lips as well as fungal infections of the lips are common.  ingrown hairs and folliculitis from shaving the face are also common.  continue to follow up with the dermatologist as needed.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.