confused

6  months ago i was diagnosed with herpes  by visual  test and  some other "G" word ..  i was  given doxycycline and metronidazole  along with candid  v6 ... After over the past 6 months ive been having tiny outbreaks... but nun serious ..until recently when i was put on  kerflex   to  treat my abcess .. i now  have the worse herpes out break i have  ever  had .. i decided to purchase the same  medication ..and use it but its  been  3 days n it still looks  horrible should i conttinue ? also i  started dating a  guy with herpes .. and  we had unprotected the  beginning of this month could i have  been misdiagnosed since this looks more like the pictures of herpes i see on the internet ...   unlike my  "first outbreak"  which    was rather painful but didnt last this long
... and how long should i expect this outbreak to last
I don't believe any of the treatments you describe are antivirals that would be helpful with a herpes outbreak, they seem bacterial and fungus related.

I would return for medical attention requesting a PCR swab on the sores and an IgG antibody blood test that is type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 as a start.
To date there is no known cure for herpes.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.