herpes from mutual masturbation

Hi Grace i'm Jake and im 25 and really nervous. I had an encounter with mutual masturbation where someone i didnt know from gym [but know he's been around by what he was saying] licked/sucked my balls but not my shaft [i didn't do any oral at all] and we briefly jacked each other in a stall. I ejaculated into my hand but the other guy didnt come on me although there was precum on his hand and i think it got on my penis when i was stroking it. Im really scared about having caught herpes or hpv from this and it was my first time doing this since high school- I'm not promiscuous this was unusual. I got tested about a week later for stds at a clinic and was clean but now I'm worried that was too soon. Also my penis head has tiny bumps on it and sometimes they sting for a second/penis twitches sometimes and I've had some flu symptoms and achy balls now and then since that happened almost four months ago[haven't had sex since of any kind xcept jerking off and even that isn't as often as it used to be but sometimes I have to or I feel like I'll go crazy]. I haven't had big sores or breakouts like pictures I've seen and nothing on the shaft but have had serious depression since it happened and am afraid I ruined my life/chances of being with anyone and I'm just getting going with things. Also I shave my balls and the area clean and I've read now on internet that can make it very easy to catch stds on them? I didn't know that until after all this happened and thought this was safe sex. Please help me im scared to the point of being on the edge.What do you think about this I can't tell anyone!! Thank you so much for all you do here for everyone.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you Grace, I've been feeling pretty bad about it all and since I know only what I've seen online about herpes I don't really understand it well but it seemed to fit some of my symptoms.. Pretty scary and not something I thought I'd ever deal with since I'm careful and the m/m seemed ok. If I were to do it again is it still a safe way to have a sexual experience with someone just jerking off or even sucking balls? I would do a condom w/oral to penis if that happened but prefer not to outside a relationship which I hope to have! Hope things are going well for you. Thanks.
Helpful - 0
Anyone here have this situation happen and similar symptoms?? What was the diagnosis or did you get something from m/m?
Helpful - 0
hi grace,i wanted to ask you if you thought i could have gotten something fungal from my posted encounter.? the bumps seem a little better but haven't gone away yet. still some discomfort goin on on my penis..would a bacterial or fungal infection or issue show up on lab results? i had cbc and several others at dr.'s office and they were all ok. if it could be fungal would it make small bumps and a pain on penis head and under head now and then? can u get hpv from what i did?? I want to be with someone i met but im afraid i can give something to them. thanks x a million. this forum has made me want to be so much more aware of things out there!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
no, skin infections don't show up on the testing you had done.

if your symptoms aren't better yet, return monday to be seen for a further work up to try to figure out what is going on.

Helpful - 0
Thanks for your response Grace..if I have learned anything from you besides your knowledge on the topics here its that you seem to be a hell of a nice person w/a great attitude. Thanks for that and bless you. I guess maybe another dr. visit [ugh] and possibly a dermatologist is in my future. I will keep u up on my journey back to normal or at least my version of normal haha. Do you think I need further std testing before I get with someone I was involved with last year or am I ok to have oral/touch/make out naked with them??
Helpful - 0
it does get annoying to have to keep going back to be seen but it's the best thing to do to get answers so you can treat what is going on and be rid of it :)

no reason for more testing before you get involved with someone new. just remember to talk about std's and testing with them before sex/oral sex.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.