Herpes Community

herpes or yeast infection?

i'll try to make a long story short. i'm male and heterosexual. i was involved with a girl. a few weeks after we had sex always using a condom, she said she got tested for herpes and she was positive for type-2. scary for me. a week and a half later i started noticing some pain in my urethra and at the very tip of my penis was a little red. it was a sharp pain, sometimes burning feeling, but it was a prickly type pain, on the inside. i was told i should wait to get tested because there needs to be time for the antibodies to build up. i waited 12 weeks with an igg type specific test and it was negative. but my symptoms persisted. i asked her if she could possibly have contracted anything from anyone else. she said no. i had another test done at 18 weeks it was the herpeselect igg type specific test, the other one wasn't herpeselect, just igg. the second test was also negative. i haven't had blisters or sores or anything besides the pain at the tip and inside urethra. she went back to get tested for everything and her doctor checked for yeast infection. she had a yeast infection and her doctor said she probably had one for a log time. i read that mixing white vinegar in a bath helps yeast infections. i've done that twice and it has been the only thing that has helped my symptoms besides using a ton of lotrimin. i also have a yellowish film on my tongue that looks like yeast infection pictures i've seen online. because of two negatives and my symptoms could it be a yeast infection and not herpes? i don't know if i should do the test again or what. i'm still a little worried.
no reason to think this is herpes. have you had other testing done?

grace
what do you mean for other std's? after my first negative i tested for chlamydia(sp) and gonohrea(sp). and they were both negative. but the doctor gave me antibiotics anyway just to be safe. and they put me on a high dose of antibiotics for something non std related. that's why i'm wondering if it's just a yeast infection.
when the girl involved got tested for everything after she found out she had herpes, she tested negative on everything except for the yeast infection. she got tested for things i haven't even heard of before like trich-something. she was tested for chlaydia, gonohrea, that trich thing, all hepatitis', hiv, and aids. i think there may have been a few other things, but they were all negatives.
for my testing just the one at 12 weeks, and the other on at 18 weeks. should i test again? my results just said on both test at 12 and 18 weeks.
negative for type 1: <.91
negative for type 2: <.91
there wasn't a number just <.91 does there need to be an actual number?
is there something else i should test for or take it again? i'm a little confused by your question.
no reason to list the exact number when it's negative which is why your results just say less than .91.

trichomonas is very common. odds are you've never been tested for it but if your partner tested negative for it, I wouldn't worry about it.

was wondering if they had did basic urine testing and other std testing yes.

continue to follow up with your provider as needed. sounds like at this point they are covering the bases properly. did they also do a prostate exam on you?
they did check my prostate and said everything seemed normal. they also did a urine culture to check for bacteria. the reason i think it's yeast is because of my tongues yellow film, she had a yeast infection, and also a friend who is in the medical field told me cultures usually only check for bacteria not yeast or fungus. and the only thing they seem to be checking for is bacteria. i'm still waiting for my insurance to kick in from my new job so going to the doctors a lot is expensive right now.
yeast in the mouth won't wipe off. if you can wipe off this film in your mouth with your toothbrush, it's not a yeast issue.

as for your genitals, you can have yeast externally and using lotrimin 2x/day for a full week after symptoms have disappeared is what we usually recommend.

just be careful with using things like vinegar baths, sometimes when you are trying this that and the other, you end up adding to irritation and making things worse!

the stuff on my tongue hasn't come off for a very long time. i tried brushing it to death with my tooth brush but it hasn't gone away. it's kinda clumpy or lumpy if that helps it's description any. i thought about using monistat. but what about the internal prickly pain. will it make it's way inside? this has gone on for a few months. do you think i need a prescription? i know it's silly to think this might still be herpes, but i wonder about it.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.