Herpes Community

herpes vs infected follicles

I suffer from type 1 genital hsv, and while i havent had too many outbreaks, sometimes i get raised red bumps on my pubic area that i can't quite figure out are. I am very active in athletic activities and sweat alot so follicultis is common for me but i was wondering if anyone could give me any insight as to how to distinguish the two. when i get the raised red bumps, there isn't really any puss and they all are at the base of a hair follicle.
if it doesn't hurt or itch, it probably isn't herpes.

Your recurrences should be few and far between with hsv1 genitally.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.