Herpes Community

herpes

Been with current partner for a year now and have never had any visible outbreaks. Woke up one day with a cold sore one my lip. Got concerned and went and got tested for HSV 1 & 2 right away. Four days after the results came back positive for both. The results were HSV1 igG 0.439 Au/ml cut off at 0.160 Au/ml. HSV2 igG 0.330 Au/ml cut off at 0.160 Au/ml. Could someone please confirm these results. Thank you
are you in the US?

grace
unfortunately no
I really can't help you with test results then. I recommend looking for a local herpes support group and hope that someone there is trained in the blood tests to further assist you.

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.