Herpes Community

hsv1 and 2 ....whats 6, 7 and 8?

Dear all:

I had skin with skin contact with a hiv+ guy 4 weeks ago. NO penetration, he just gave me oral sex

Today is one week sore and itching
Its clear I do have hsv.. I´ll visit an infectologyst on Monday
Im hiv negative

QUESTION: Could I have had hsv-8 and then sarcoma kaposis? Whats that about type 4- 5-6- 7?
Or I just have to check types 1 and 2?
I´m really confused ,,,

I´ll really appreciate your clearing comments

Thanks in advance
Lautaro
going to be seen and getting a proper work up done is the best course of action. get your symptoms examined and tested thought at this point it's rather late for a herpes lesion culture since it's over a week into symptoms.

we only routinely test for herpes 1 and 2.  

grace
thanks grace

but i´m still confused in the concept,,,,
are type 1 and 2 the only hsv and then 345678 the diferent general evolution in each pacient or punctual situation?
could anybody directly be geting type7 or 8 ?

thanks
lautaro

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.