Herpes Community

i have a question about genital herpes

ok so i recently found out that my partner has genital herpes and is taking medication for it. she has mentioned that she wishes to perform oral sex on me but i am unsure as i dont wanna risk contracting herpes from her keep in mind she has no oral herpes just genital if she performs oral sex on me can i still get herpes or no also keep in mind we have never had sex at all this would be our first time and shes only wanting to give me oral nothing else
COMMUNITY LEADER
If she has no oral hsv then it's zero risk. That being said over half the adult population has oral hsv1
as far as i know she hasnt told me she has it i will ask her if she has oral hsv1 but she has been honest with me so far
And there is no reason to think she wouldn't. The problem is many people have oral hsv1 and do not know it. They don't get cold sores. You may both test together. This will help
will do thanks
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.