igg value increase for HSV I and II Combine Elisa test

I am an inhabitant of a country where it seems that medical tests worn out by time are more popular. I have been to several clinics and hospitals, and all of them offer Elisa combined tests for HSV I and II for igg and igm antibodies. While I know igm tests are useless, my question is related to the igg factor.

About a year ago I was involved in unprotected sex with a partner whom I had known for a while and trusted completely. We broke up and then I waited three months to get tested because I had learnt that igg antibodies take time to develop. When I tested after three months, the combined result for HSV I and II igg value was 0.35 which is clearly negative.

I have not been involved sexually ever since, and then for safety's sake I got re-tested in December (which would be about 13 months since last sexual encounter). This time I did the test in another clinic and the value for igg antibodies for combined HSV I and II came out as 0.74

While the result is still negative, I am worried about the increase in the value. Most of the forums here state that a value under 0.90 would mean there is no herpes infection, still I would like to know why there has been an increase in the igg level? Does this mean there is a verrrry slow seroconversion happening (which is still not positive even a year after sexual activity) or is it a given fact that every time the same subject gets tested and is negative for herpes, the index value could still be anything between 0.1 to 0.8?

Basically put- Can I safely assume I have no HSV infection, or do I take a test again three months later to be sure?

I would be really happy if I obtained some information on this. Thanks!
Hi and yes  you can assume your negative. Slight raises would not be any concern. Anything belfow 1 is negative.
Thank you so much for the assurance. However, if you could answer one last question from me I would be grateful :) :

Is it possible for Igg levels to seroconvert to positive even after 13 months after the sexual encounter? If so, what are the possibilities of such a thing happening ( as in, is it rare, or is it common and expected)?
Not really, only a theoretical chance that the blood test doesn't detect your particular antibodies. You are negative for HSV. The combined tests are quite notorious for false positives, a proportion of people who test low positive on combined tests then test negative with type specific testing.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help I have received here. Thanks again.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.