Herpes Community

lip sore?

To keep it short, my boyfriend came to see me on a Monday and gave me a kiss and a couple hours later I noticed a bump on my lip. I didn't think anything of it til the next morning when I seen it had inflated into a very small oval shape and what felt and looked like pus inside. It was confirmed pus when my finger nails accidently tore it open on the bottom a bit when I was playing with my lip. Ever since that little opening happened it turned into sort of a scab (a dark color too) and still pusses up and everytime I smile really really hard puss oozes out. I'm not sure what it is and I'm scared. Is there some kinda treatment, cure? And what is the proper name to call this lip sore or thing what ever it is. Does it go away? And how long does it take?
Few things:

Does you boyfriend get cold sores? (usually herpes type 1, type 2 is usually the genital area but both types can infect either the mouth or genital area)

The kiss would not have cause it, the herpes virus generally takes at least a couple days to manifest into a blister and could be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever.

There is no cure for a virus, but there are antivirals that will help to suppress it.

A culture test would confirm what it was, but it may have healed already. An IgG blood test will detect antibodies that develop a few months after exposure.

So this could be herpes, but it is not possible to tell for certain even after researching it. The next step is to see a professional.
at this point it's too late for any lesion cultures. even going to be seen at this point is probably futile.

it showed up a few hours after kissing your bf so if it is herpes, it's not a newly acquired infection. have you and your partner discussed std's and testing and such yet?  do you recall if you've ever been tested for herpes bfore?

if this reoccurs, then is the time to be seen about it. try not to pop it before you are seen though I know sometimes that's hard for it not to happen on its own while eating and such.

grace
help i have the same thing as mellyna. it looks like a clear bump on my lip and then it pops so easily and white puss comes out. then it re forms weeks or days later. and it looks like a little hole later
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.