natural treatment options for herpes?

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with herpes last year and have had about 6 outbreaks since. Not only are they painful and shameful but I tend to get fever and feel extremely weak the first few days once the outbreak starts. Before I got herpes I had an impeccable attendance record at work but now I tend to miss a few days of work every single time herpes rears it ugly head again. I would like to ask what works to reduce the number of outbreaks and their intensity. There seems to be so much info out there on natural options which I am inclined towards but unsure of trying. Which of these have you tried and which one do you recommend for me to try?
Hi and welcome. The only effective remedy is to go on antiviral suppression medication since your having so many. They work very well.
If any of the treatments you read about on certain sites actually consistently worked for people with genital herpes, more people would talk about them.  

Your ob's are affecting your quality of life. any particular reasons why you aren't considering daily suppressive therapy with one of the 3 herpes antivirals? Suppressive therapy would result in less recurrences and less severity of the recurrences you do have so you wouldn't have to feel so icky as often.

grace

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.