need clarity

It started when I had a bad burning sensation in vaginal area.  I went to the gyn and she examine me.  Said she saw nothing.  However I asked her to do the hsv test which came back hsv1 positive.  Since then i have been obssessed about where is the virus in my body.  Since the test I have experience symptoms  such as extreme burning in my hand for a month.  Which later stop but now my hands frequently tingles and burns everyday.    Some times other parts of my body experience this burning  and tingling  such as my underarm, face, ears, neck, and back.  As far as the symptoms in my vagina I have a slight tingle and itching.  I have not noticed any sores in this area.  I did noticed redness twice in the same spot.  My questions are:
1.  Do you think that I have herpes in my gential area  and have it spread all over my body?
2.  Do you think I might have catch herpes 2?
3.  Are my symptons those caused by herpes?
4.  Also what does a herpeselect test tells and how reliable is it?
Please help me I am so scared.
No.
No.
No.
Tells you whether you are + or - and is reliable.
you should calm down and just get tested for HSV2... your worrying about tinglings and other things could cause actual problems and they may be symptoms of other issues...
COMMUNITY LEADER
She was tested for hsv2, and it was negative.

Scared - you used the word "obsessed."  If you are obsessed, you need to get help for that.  Overwhelmingly, the statistics say this is an oral infection.

Aj
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh and have you been tested for other stds and things like yeast and bacterial vaginosis?

Aj
Thursday I went to the gyn and had a hsv2 test done, plus std work-up. Iam waiting for the result.  However, i notice after my men. I got this bad chaffing in the groin of my leg on both side.  It appears that the skin just rubbed off.  Also there is itching and tingling  there.  Is this a sign of a outbreak of gential hsv1 or 2.  Please bare with me. Like I said I am ver scared.  

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.