Herpes Community

passing thru sex toys

strange question, if a person uses a sex toy that may have dried secretions from and infected person, are they at risk? apologies if this question has been asked I couldn't find anything similar from what I've researched
not likely you'd contract a std from a toy that was used previously.  the risk would be from for instance if you and a partner were sharing a sex toy during the same encounter. make sense?

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.