Herpes Community

presumed hsv1 (oral) to genital transmission, prophylaxis

Wife of 15+ years and I each have occasional oral lesions and never genial, engaged in mutual oral then next day I noticed an oral lesion.  1.  Risk of her developing genital rsv 1 lesions?  2.  She started acyclovir 800 mg 5 X daily about 20 after exposure, is this likely to help her avoid infection?
she never had to start on acyclovir. that also is the wrong dose - that's the shingles dose.

you both have hsv1 orally. not likely at all that you'd contract hsv1 genitally. it can happen but odds of such are incredibly low.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.