Herpes Community

red spot on inner thigh

Yesterday I noticed a red area on my inner thigh about a half inch diameter pretty close to my genitals.  Its looks like some skin has been peeled or something.  It it not very sensitive and I am yet to notice any significant bumps.  Is it possible that this could be herpes?  I have been feeling on and off mild itching around my genitals and anus for the past 11 months or so after a sexual encounter, but all doctors Ive been to said it wasn't herpes and Ive never had an "outbreak".  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
did you ever return to your provider after you last posted here for further work up for your anal itching issues? Herpes wouldn't cause itching for 11 months.

the best thing to do is to see your provider about your newest symptoms for further evaluation.  

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.