Herpes Community

update on ongoing symptoms

I have had ongoing pain on my penis for about 4 months now maybe a little longer. I have been to 3 clinics, a urologist, my fam doctor, a dermatologist and the emergency room twice. No answers. I have extreme uncomfortability and my skin is raw and irritated and so sensitive to touch. It looks scaley and gets red at the foreskn and the tip especially.

Its almost as if doctors don't take you seriously when you tell them this has effected your life completely and you are no longer the same person. I can barely get around sometimes walking hurts so bad when my penis hits my underwear I feel like I'm seeing stars. I have been in pain for 4 months never ending, it never stops. I have no social life.

I am on my list whim, I am starting to give up. I want my life back and no one seems to care. I was always the outgoing person that loved waking up in the morning now I find myself laying in bed all day long on the weekends and weekdays I have to drag myself out and force myself to go through with the pain. I can't wear jeans anymore, I wear sweatpants everyday. I can't run anymore, I can barely walk upstairs. This all began after I had unprotected sex with a girl in september after protected sex and I didn't have another condom and it was a temporary lapse of judgement and now I am paying for this with my life. I'd do anything for an answer I can't take another second. My life is on a downward spiral and I am so scared.
Ok so we've talked before and even though you have male parts and I have female parts this sounds like when I had a yeast/ bacterial infection! Like seriously I couldn't wear jeans or underwear!!! I walked around in my bf's boxers constantly!!! Even that was irritating but the next best thing from being completly naked...
Ok... So exactly what tests were given to you? Did they do any swab tests? Like for yeast and bacteria? Did they ever find it?
Ivd asked them to swab everytime I do they say there's nothing to swab, I don't get it. All these doctors act like u have to have scabs and blisters hanging off u to swab anything and if u don't then "you're fine". Its ridiculous bc if it was them they'd be freaking out and would of found out what was wrong with them right away, this has been my life for 4 months everyday nonstop. The derm gave me a broad spectrum antibiotic called dioxycline hyclate hasn't done anything though.
So this may be weird but have you tried using women's anti yeast creams?? I mean maybe it is yeast! Just rub it on your skin... Who knows maybe it will help
an antibiotic won't help a fungal infection, in fact, it makes them worse.

continue to follow up with the dermatologist, or seek out the opinion of another as needed.

since this isn't a herpes problem, perhaps the men's health forum might be more helpful?

grace
No doctor thinks its a fungal infection. Plus wouldn't just the fact that its been 4 month make it go away??? I don't get it. What should I be taking you tell me and ill tell the doctor 4 months is too long for a person to feel this way, I'm 21 yrs old I need my life back:(
as I've told you over and over again now, no reason to think this is herpes going on.   since it's not likely to be herpes, really not much we can help you with unless you get a + lesion culture at some point.
Nothing else causes pain for 4 months straight and raw painful skin that u can't even touch. It has to be some type of nerve pain from herpes effecting my skin. Nothing else fits. My mom is trying to get me admitted to a hospital. This is ridiculous every other 20 year old enjoying life and I'm dealing with this because of ONE mistake, my life went from completely normal to this:(
actually many things can cause pain for months on end - it's not all herpes . you've convinced yourself this is herpes .  

follow up with medical providers as needed.
I have never had a problem like this until the one mistake I made though. So tell me how it could be unrelated with herpes? That makes no sense. I'm not saying you're wrong just there is no way this Is unrelated to herpes or an std. Idk why for me its so bad, or why it won't leave me alone so I can just move on with my life I've never heard of anyone going through anything like this ever.
I'm sorry that you are going through this... But if your test was neg and the girl tested neg then it must b something else!!! I felt the same way that you are!!! I swear I know how you feel!!! Mine lasted almost a year!!!!!!! And I don't have genital herpes!!!
So your symptoms are completely gone and you look back to normal again?
Can something like this just keep going on forever? I am so dumbfounded its been over 4 months straight of pure hell, it never stops. This isn't faier to live life likethis how can this even happen.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.