Herpes Community

was this a reliable swab?

I got a swab test on some ulcers that appeared 2 weeks ago, as soon as I noticed them I made an appointment. I got them swabbed for a specific type hsv and bacterial infection but the nurse suspected it was just irritation. I have chronic yeast infection  (a non albicans strain) and I tried using gentian violet.
My concern is whether ulcers (very white) would produce a reliable test? Also I was taking acyclovir like 2 weeks before my test, it was 2 a day for around 10 days 400mg cause I had an oral hsv1 cold sore. Would that skew my test?
By the way the swab was negative for both hsv1 ans hsv2, she didn't give me the exact decimals though.
Swabs are only good for showing a positive not a negative but i would think that they were not herpes ulcers as herpes are not white but clear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.