Herpes IgG               3.25
(See Below)

INTERPREATATION OF RESULT OF HERPES 1 & 2 IgG ANTIBODY

Less Than 0.900 ---------------------------------------------- NEGATIVE

0.900 To 1.1 -------------------------------------------------- EQUIVOCAL

Greater Than Or Equal To 1.1 ----------------------------- POSITIVE

NOTE:

● These tests are performed on state of the art Immunodiagnostics system “

Immulite 2000 "which is a solid-phase competitive CHEMILUMINESCENT enzyme immunoassay

technology.

Herpes IgM                                    1.63-------------------------------------------

CLINICAL INTERPRETATION

INTERPREATATION OF RESULT OF Herpes IgM

Negative ----------------------  1.1 NOTE:

● This test is performed on the state of the art LIAISON (DIASORIN) immunodiagnostics system using

CHEMILUMINESCENCE

Technology.
14 Responses
3149845 tn?1506631371
Hi, the information is incomplete.
Its starts off by listing 3.25 but does not say if this is hsv1 or hsv2 and either way it falls into the falls positive range as any number 3.5 and below would need retesting.

The next section only is describing the test.
and the end stating Igm is of no value as we dont use igM.

So basicly your left with the opening numbers of 3.25 which we dont know what they are referring to and either way it needs retesting as is under 3.5
3.25 fo herpes IGg......and 1.63 for herpes igM
3149845 tn?1506631371
reread what i wrote
so its a false positive??
also it was a combination test..for herpes 1 and 2
The only thing that can be determined from this test is that you probably have an oral HSV1 infection from your youth like more than half the population. This is hence not a surprising outcome at all.

It is the reason why combined HSV1/2 testing is pretty pointless.

Perhaps of more importance is why did you test? What symptoms or concerns did you have?
i m sexually active last time i had sex was about 2 months ago. i just went for all my tests, hiv syplis, hep b all came bk negative but this herpes was worrysome...i dont really see any symptoms, now i m getting headches( which could be from stress and anixty) for the past 2 weeks with some flu...
what are the typicall herpes symptoms
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.