Herpes Community

white spots inside urethra tip

trying to determine if this could be herpes or just due to irritation.

About a week ago sunday I wore a swimsuit with the mesh netting inner liner this irritated my urethra tip. I did not think much about it so i went on a trip and the irritation went away in 2 days. When i returned home the following friday i went running and  irritated the tip of the urethra again with my underwear (probably did not let the initial irritation heal 100%). So the following day (saturday) while sitting on the toilet I could see the tip of my urethra was red and slightly swollen around the urethral opening and decided top open the urethra  to reveal 2 tiny white spots right at the inside edge or the opening near the irritated skin, tiny pin head size white spots. they did not appear fluid filled but more like the white ulcer like spots you get inside your mouth but very tiny, also resembling very tiny pimples. I  though of herpes right away, however by that monday they were 100% gone along with the irritation like nothing happened. I did have mild irritation while urinating during this period but no major discomfort or pain which also went away at the same time as the spots.

I am sexually active, always protected sex but not protected oral. 5 weeks prior to this event had my full STD screening and was all clean, but did have unprotected oral after the testing and prior to the white spot discovery. Should I consider this is related to the irritation or STD related and go get tested again? I had no other symptoms.
odds are this isn't herpes related at all.

typically hsv1 genitally from receiving oral sex presents with pretty "classic" genital symptoms, not just the ones you describe.  

just be sure that herpes testing is a part of your routine std screening. typically it isn't so best to be sure what you are getting tested for.

grace
Grace it is part of my routine, I learned that from reading here. thanks for the prompt response, I have a thyroid follow up on the 6th and was going to ask my doctor if i should retest again.  thanks
Grace just to follow up saw my doctor yesterday, I went over symptoms and he concurred with you. He did not even want to test for HSV but did want to test for UTI.

he said if it was HSV I would know it and the white spots, whatever they were, would not go away overnight. plus he said cut the mesh liner out of my swim trunks :)

thanks for the reassurance while waiting

"I could see the tip of my urethra was red and slightly swollen around the urethral opening and decided top open the urethra  to reveal 2 tiny white spots right at the inside edge or the opening near the irritated skin, tiny pin head size white spots. they did not appear fluid filled but more like the white ulcer like spots you get inside your mouth but very tiny, also resembling very tiny pimples."

I'm currently having this condition as well. Apparently due a rough hand from my girl. It's been going on for about 3-4 days now. If it doesn't go away, at what point of time should I be worried about it?
If there is any pain or the spots change shape/size. If your only contact was a handjob, that is no risk.
Hsv isn’t transmitted via a hand job.
So I Guess that means with good hygiene and care it will recover over time? It kind of hurts and cause discomfort, it’s also quite worrying when I see the spots as i pee
If your only sexual contact has been a hand job, then it couldn’t be hsv.
Since it is causing some discomfort, see a doctor so you can be properly diagnosed.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.