Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Community
98 Members

Hidradenitis Suppurativa?

I have a lot of scarring from hidradenitis outbreaks in between my breasts.  I've got is mostly under control now- only an occasional breakout- and now I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with the scars.  Is laser treatment the only way to go?  Do you have any other recommendations?  I have a few deep crater-like scars, and the rest are just on the surface.  

Also, what is the best way to go about treating hidradenitis?  I'm currently taking antibiotics (minocycline), is this a legitimate long-term treatment?
For the scars which are on the surface, you can try topical treatment like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids and tretinoin cream. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them. For the deep crater like scars, you can go in for chemical peeling or laser resurfacing.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions