MY SOLUTION for Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I was having an increasing problem with boils in my groin and was diagnosed with HS.  I have now had it under control for years.  I can't remember the last time I got a boil.  Here's what I did:  
1.  Use Lever 2000 Original Soap.  It has to be the Original.  It's white colored.  I don't know what it is about this soap but anytime I stopped using it, I would get a boil.  I suspect that it's easy on the skin while being hard on the bacteria.  Order it on-line if you have to.  When I see it in a store, I buy them all up.  
2.  Smother the general area with sanitizer every morning after showering.  I used the Germ-X with aloe vera.
3.  For years almost every day of my life, I wore Under Armour compression shorts long enough to cover the problem area.  Heat Wear.  They have a high performance fabric that kept the area, as dry and cool as possible.  They aren't cheap, but they last for a long time.  Some of my shorts are probably 5 years or more old.    
These are the big 3, I think mattered, but also:    
4.  I believe weight is connected--if you search Google Images you will see that most people who have this are overweight.  However, I have gained my weight back and the boils have not returned...yet.
5.  I don't know how much this helped, but I've had laser hair removal in the area.  Some articles say this condition originates in the hair follicles.  

-One thing is certain, the boils seem to perpetuate themselves so you have to be consistent.  
-Finally, when I did get a boil, I didn't play with it.  The only thing that worked after years of experimenting, was a warm compress, several times a day until it was gone.  I would put a damp wash cloth in the microwave for 30 seconds, then after it cooled do it again.  I would do that 2-3 times a day until the boil is gone.    You will notice the shrinkage of the boil after giving it a good soak like this.  If I slacked off before the battle was over, the boil would grow again.  I believe the warm water pulls the boil's fluid through the skin and out of the body.  
-This method is also the best way to minimize the scarring, because you are shrinking the boil slowly, and treating the skin nicely.    
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
BlueSkyHSGuy joined this group
Welcome them!
07/15
ruru2244 joined this group
Welcome them!
07/14
sdp1982 joined this group
Welcome them!
09/13