High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
834 Members

High systolic

Hello I’m 28 years old, I’m active and workout once a day around an hour. (No pre workouts) I was put on bp meds when I was 22 yrs old due to high bp. It’s systolic that always is high for me...I’ll check my bp in the morning when I first wake up and average is around 145/80...it’s been as high as 158/80. I take my meds regularly on time and I’ve tried coq10, magnesium, cocoa, garlic....no supps help...I’m active non smoker, no caffeine. I have mild/moderate lvh and see a heart doc once a year.....nothing seems to help I really would like any tips or recommendations for this. I’m trying to live healthy but bp has always been my problem despite health diet and exercise.
Hello and welcome.  Glad you see your doctor regularly.  Are they satisfied with your current BP and systolic blood pressure reading even while on meds?  This is an excellent topic to discuss with them.  It does still seem high to me and perhaps another medication would control it better?  This sounds like a genetic issue and high blood pressure can be hereditary, unfortunately. Even when we do most everything right.  It sounds like you have worked on these elements but weight control, health diet, limiting salt, regular exercise, reducing stress all help with blood pressure control naturally.  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20046974