A
A
A
Close
High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
855 Members

Hypotension symptoms with hypertension

Hello,
I'm a 26 year old female concerned about my blood pressure because there seem to be conflicting symptoms. I went to the doctor recently and my blood pressure was 141/90 and an EKG show my resting heart rate to be 123 so my doctor prescribed 25mg of Athenolol and my blood pressure is 135/85 now but i continue to have symptoms similar to orthostatic Hypotension I nearly fainted after exercising last night and heat causes me to get light headed and short of breath. Do any of you know something about this or have experienced this before?
1 Responses
Hard to say, honey.

How long have you been exercising, and do you monitor your heart rate during and after?   Feeling faint afterwards is a warning sign  you are over-doing it.  

Some BP meds can make you feel short of breath.   I'd tell my doctor about these symptoms if I were you.   Don't try and diagnose yourself...

Good luck

-Robin
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.