High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
845 Members

Metoprolol ER switched to Metoprolol tartrate

I was taking metoprolol er 25mg in the morning, 50mg over night for hbp and palpitations. After an ER visit for high heart rate and blood pressure I've been put on 50mg metoprolol tatrate during day and 50mg at night. Since the switch I've been having really bad diarrhea and gas problems and at night my hands ache and feel kind of stuff but not swollen. Is this common?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, these are common side effects with metoprolol tatrate . You should report these side effects to your doctor, there are other meds they can try that may be better tolerated.

Jon