Holistic Care For Pets Community
184 Members

Natural Flea Prevention for Cats

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any PREVENTATIVE holistic treatments for cats who do not have fleas to help them continue to not have fleas?  I've found a lot on the internet about holistic treatments to get rid of fleas, but thankfully we do not need that.

My rental house lease requires I use a flea preventative treatment on my cat once a month.  She has only ever had fleas once when I adopted her, and never again.  Alas, since she is an indoor/outdoor cat, it is a requirement.  I don't expect the property manager will be checking up on this, but would like to have a plan in place just in case and to respect the owner of the property.

Anyway, my cat has an autoimmune disorder (Eosinophilic granulomas or Rodent Ulcers), so I really try to avoid anything harsh that might give her a flare up.  Plus, I'm not very keen on medications, toxins, etc. in general.  

Any suggestions, leads, or resources would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.