Holistic Care For Pets Community
184 Members

blindness

We have a poodle who will be 10 years old around Christmas this year and we believe he is going blind.
His eyes look white and he turns his head from side to side when you talk to him. We are very sad and want
to know what to do. Could this be cataracts on his eyes?
I don't have any advice to give other then to take him to the vet! He needs to be examined to see what the problem is and to see if any treatment is needed.
PRA (progressive retinal atrophy) is a problem that  may be common to the poodle breed.  I'm not sure that there is much the vet can offer - but you might want to check!
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet