Holistic Care For Pets Community
184 Members

homemade dogfood

can anyone assist to a way i can make a good healthy dog food. I have 2 yorkies 1 is 9 lbs and the other is th eson of the mother and he is 6 months and 2 lbs. We dont think he is going to get very big. the mother had a litter of 4 rangeing from 2lbs to 8lbs. I really enjoy this sight, hope it posts in the right forum as i am new at this
It is very easy to make good healthy home made dog food that is *much* better for your dog than the types sold in stores, and not really any more expensive. I use brown rice, chicken, a variety of veggies (whatever I have on hand - usually including celery & carrots & broccoli) and make up a big batch and put it up in serving-size plastic containers in the fridge to dispense all week.

My brother & sister in law do it a bit differently - they make up the meals every evening fresh - and they use pasta more than rice. They also serve one meat & one vegetable each night - with a rotation of chicken-ground beef-liver and whatever veggies are on hand - like a can of peas or frozen mixed veggies, etc.

Nothing to it! Just follow the same guidelines you would for yourself - lean meats, variety, etc.
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Has your pet ever swallowed your prescription medicine? Vet tech Thomas Dock explores the top 10 meds that harm pets and what you can do to prevent a tragedy from happening.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet