Hospice Community
66 Members

Hospice facility

My mother has stage 4 lung cancer and hospice is going to be brought in.  They are going to evaluate if they think she can stay at home or needs to go to a facility, as someone is not able to be there 24 hours a day.  She is on Medicare and has supplemental insurance through AARP.

My question is who pays for the stay in the facility?  All the information I am finding references respite care and and short term inpatient care only.  If hospice decides she should be moved to a facility for her remaining time would she pay the full per day cost of the facility or would Medicare cover part of it?

Thank you for any information you can provide.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.