Hospice Community
65 Members

The Decision of Hospice

This isn't really a question. I'm posting this in hopes of offered some support to those that have to make end of life decisions for the ppl they love.

I've worked in a Hospice setting and my father was under Hospice care in my home. I don't have any answers. Sadly it's truly up to the loved ones to determine what's best in each situation.  Obviously it's easiest when that loved one has a living will and has clearly made their wants know.

I learned from my beloved father's passing and experience that putting your wishes in writing is always the best. A Living will and discussing your wants will take many of the difficult decisions out of the hands of loved ones. Dad did just that and I am so blessed that he did. It's never easy losing someone you love so much but making your needs known while you are able can make that portion of the process less stressful.

Talk with your loved ones about your wishes. Don't leave them to carry the burden of decisions or leave them laden with anxiety and guilt over the choices they had to make. End of life can be a difficult topic. Most chose to avoid it. Don't. Talk with and to your loved one about their wishes and make yours known also.

Blessings,
~Tuck
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.