Hospice Community
67 Members

dizzines/vertigo -patient with high risk of cerebral metastases

Hi everyone :) to be honest I'm not a patient. I'm young doctor taking my first steps into palliative care. One of my patients whom I would like to help is a man with 3 separated cancers. Since last week he has severe headache and dizzines/vertigo. I do suspect cerebral metastases. I have already started oral steroids, and we are at the III WHO step of anelgetics. Pain controll is now good but balance problem imapaires his daily live and he is like stuck in bed. Do you have any experience how alse can I help him? Any drug? Of course diagnostic and eventually treatment as radiotherapy can help but anything like home - care?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.