Huesos, Articulaciones & Músculos Community
52 Members

What treatment did you receive for a shoulder separation?

Ice is an important treatment for most acute soft-tissue injuries.Frequently, a sling is needed and helpful for the first few days after an injury. This helps to support the weight of the arm and to restrict motion. A doctor may advise some motion exercises such as stretching and light weight-bearing within a few days once the immediate pain has stopped.Pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications may be advised, either over the counter or by prescription.Physical therapy may be required, particularly once the immediate pain has stopped within a few days. The decision to prescribe rehabilitation therapy often is made during a follow-up visit.Complete ligament rupture at the AC joint may require surgical repair. The surgery can be done with an open incision or arthroscopically (with a small camera and small incisions).The Weaver Dunn procedure is a surgical intervention used to repair a severely damaged AC joint separation.A doctor may recommend follow-up care. Possibly, no follow-up care may be needed. From that visit, determinations regarding referrals for physical therapy or further orthopedic consultation may be made.
I was jumping with my mountain bike through ramps, on the last of them my back wheel couldn't get grip and launched me sideways instead of in a straight line. I noticed the wrong launch angle just as I was landing with no time to react, falling sideways directly into the ground shoulder and head first. Emergency personnel after an x-ray said that no bone was broken, but that there was a shoulder separation so ligaments may be torn. I am on ice for 4 days. After that we'll see.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.