Huesos, Articulaciones & Músculos Community
52 Members

What treatment did you receive for a wrist sprain?

Treatment depends upon the severity of the injury and response to treatment. The goal is to return the patient to their previous level of activity before the injury.Grain 1 and 2 sprains often respond to symptomatic treatment with RICE (rest, ice compression, and elevation). A removable wrist splint, brace, bandage, or wrap may provide support. Discuss with your health care provider how long you need to follow this protocol.Over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications like acetaminophen or NSAIDS (ibuprofen, naproxen) may be helpful. It is important to ask your care provider or pharmacist about the safety of taking OTC medications, depending upon the patient's medical history.Grade 3 sprains, complete tears of a ligament, may require surgery to repair the damage.Regardless of the severity of injury, physical therapy to regain range of motion and strength may be useful.Home exercises may be prescribed to help with stretching, range of motion, and power to aid in recovery.
I have had x-rays and I have seen 3 doctors for my wrist sprain and not one has done anything. It's been 20 weeks, I'm still unable to do anything, and I'm in agony.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.