Huesos, Articulaciones & Músculos Community
52 Members

What was the treatment for your Achilles tendon rupture?

The objective of treatment is to restore normal length and tension to the tendon and allow you to do what you could do before the injury. Treatment reflects a balance between protection and early motion.Protection is necessary to allow time for healing and to prevent reinjury.Moving your foot and ankle is needed to prevent stiffness and loss of muscle tone.Treatment options are surgical or nonsurgical. The choice is controversial.Both surgical and nonsurgical treatment will require an initial period of about six weeks of casting or special braces. The cast may be changed at two- to four-week intervals to slowly stretch the tendon back to its normal length. Casting may be combined with early movement (one to three weeks) to improve overall strength and flexibility.A heel lift device and, regardless of the choice of treatment, regular physical therapy follow for the remainder of treatment.Consultation with an orthopedic surgeon will determine the treatment and follow-up that is right for you.
I am a 38 year old male, who after not playing rugby for 8 years, had my arm twisted to play. I train regularly in a gym, three to four times a week. I turned up to the first training session and joined in a game of touch rugby, and within 10 minutes I had ruptured my Achilles tendon! I am now in a cast and looking at 8-12 week recovery plan. My advice would be simple, as you get older, allow more time to stretch and warm up. 15-20 minutes stretching and warm up could have saved me 12 weeks recovery time!
I am a 34 year old female.  I tore my Achilles tendon playing kickball with family. I had surgery within a week, cast for 8 weeks. Now that I'm out of the cast, I'm dealing with constant swelling. It's getting better every day. It's definitely a long healing process.
I had surgery  in 2005 now I feel the same pain, can't hardly walk without pain.
I partially ruptured my Achilles tendon a week ago, falling backwards down some steps in Venice. Intense pain and shock convinced my wife to call for an ambulance. Ultrasound scan and diagnosis by orthopaedic specialist led to a decision to go the non-surgical route. So far I am spending time in bed interspersed with regular walks in the apartment on crutches, with the leg encased in a rigid splint.
is it posiple to do surgry with midical perspective
I ruptured my Achilles while at work, I am a firefighter and I work out in the gym regularly.  My orthopedist wants to keep me immobilized rather than surgery.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.