A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members
535760 tn?1213891166

Aldara? Bad experciance with TCA treatment

Trichloracetic acid was really painful and I had long recovery to even feel comfortable after treatment. Not wanting to experience this again i would like to try another option because i still have a few tiny warts left and noticed a couple new ones. Is aldara the best way to go? or maybe even cryo? I read aldara is very effective and even builds an immunity?
2 Responses
I used aldara with great success.  However, I have read it has a higher success rate in females than males.  Still, I do not know how credible this information exactly is.  I found using Aldara to clear up the majority of warts, and then using a different treatment (such as cryo) to clear any remaining warts seemed to be effective.  I used a combination of TCA and Aldara, and have been wart free for a month now (took 3 months to entirely clear).  Aldara has some discomfort associated with it, but I found it less painful than TCA (though much more itchy!).  Any treatment for genital warts is uncomfortable though.  The treatment has to be irritating to the skin to destroy the warts, nothing less gentle would be effective.
i have been using aldara for 1 week now and haven't noticed anything, there is absolutely no discomfort at all, have i been doing something wrong?
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.