Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Aldara Cream

I have been using Aldara cream for two weeks now, and surprisingly my warts are gone. But I now notice that the area where the warts used to be is very red. I don't know if that is supposed to happen or not but should I continue using the cream? I don't want to kill anymore skin cells then I have to..
5 Responses
I am pretty sure thats supposed to happen. Use sparingly.
Yes it is and you can get blisters and sores too and flu like symtoms and accing bones, look at the handout that comes with the cream, it has an extensive list of the side effects of the cream, trust me, i got them all.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much!
Hey Scooter,
hope your treatment is going well, your welcome for the advise, i decided after 5 weeks that Aldara wasnt workin so i had them frozen off yesterday, please god this will be the end of it from the visible side of this bloody desese.

best of luck with it alll

Worried

1067212 tn?1353964002
Hey scooter59. I too had a very bad reaction to Aldara cream, but it worked well and within 2 weeks the warts had gone. Though I was very red and sore down there with other unpleasant side effects. Don't worry though, a week later I was suprised to see I was totally back to normal. It has to get worse before it gets better. All the best.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.