Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Anal Warts

Hi i was diagnosed with Anal warts and was prescribed with Aldara. My doctor didnt really elaborate on how many times i should apply it but i did 2x per week (mon and friday) since its too expensive!

this was my before treatment pic
http://s3.amazonaws.com/medhelp_images/user_photos/277373?1339513577

and this is my 1st week treatment
http://s3.amazonaws.com/medhelp_images/user_photos/277374?1339513580

as you can see in the 2nd pic there's a whitish discoloration and i believe that is due to aldara but my real question is... is this the healing process?? coz u can see some difference on the pics.

enlighten me
Hello

I am sure once applying the medication correctly there is recovery.  The sufficent amount for warts is:   once a day for 3 days a week until all the warts are healed.

Hello

I had 1 external wart on a hemmorid and none internal. Never got the Aldera prescription. Doctor felt he cured me (?) and I am checking that area daily. So far no more has appeared. Should I be getting the Aldera anyway?