Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Cervical Dysplasia?

in May i developed small red bumps on my outer vaginal lips (about 5 bumps in total). they were very itchy. i went to the gynecologist who did a rapid herpes test and i was negative. she said there was a bit of yeast in the culture, but nothing otherwise. 2 weeks later i developed small, reddish bumps all over my legs, with most concentrated on my butt. they lasted 8 days and went away with prednisone. as they went away, they became larger, and flatter and developed a white ring around them.  every once in a while i feel a tingling on my face/lip/cheek area and a small red hive will appear, but it never blisters like HSV-1 would.

fast forward 6 months (no symptoms in between), i go to the gyno for my annual exam. and my pap smear is abnormal (dysplasia). i need to go back for tests to see if cervical cancer has developed. i did receive my Gardasil shot 5 to 6 years ago.

do these rashes appear to be related to the abnormal pap smear, signifying some underlying disease?

I also have only been sexually active for 6 months (intercouse), but have done oral prior to having intercourse for several years. No sexual contact was done prior to completing all 3 Gardasil shots. I am currently 19 years old and have been taking birth control for 5 years.
0 Responses
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.